> Recruiting, Selection and Placement
> Open Positions >SMT Supervisor
This client company is located in Pennsylvania and has a rich tradition of superior processes and a passion for being the best; a World Class company which embraces Lean/Six Sigma tools and technologies . Being a Leader in the EMS industry affords their clients the security of being associated with an AS9100:2004-01/ISO 9001-2000 registered company. Their success has resulted from unparalleled responsiveness and flexibility in providing solutions for the military/aerospace, medical, computer/communications, automotive and industrial control markets.
The SMT Supervisor will be responsible for the hands-on management of the SMT manufacturing lines, including process, programming, scheduling and supervision of all SMT personnel (appx 35 employees).
• Plan, direct and coordinate the SMT manufacturing lines and processes.
• Generate SMT and AOI programs utilizing offline software.
• Create reflow profiles insuring integrity of solder joints within inernal quality guidelines and IPC-A-610 standards.
• Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods and ensure minimal downtime through utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, tooling and production equiupment capabilities, change-over methods and quality control standards.
• Analyze and plan workforce utilization, space requirements, and workflow; layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
• Confer with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
• Pepare detailed parts fabrication and/or assembly work orders to meet engineering changes as necessary.
• Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
• Communicate with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
• Ability to determine minimal cycle time and provide training necessary to assure Zero-Defect Quality and On-time Delivery.
• Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
• Perform other tasks as directed by supervisory and management staff.
• Develop and foster a teamwork environment.
Talents and Skills:
• A skilled manufacturing engineer with 5 or more years of hands-on SMT printed circuit board assembly experience.
• An experienced technical individual who understands machinery and shop floor terminology.
• A customer-focused manager with demonstrated ability to schedule, forecast and meet deadlines.
• A seasoned, experienced leader who can select, teach, coach and mentor a workforce to support quality-driven, customer focused operations.
• A believer in and driver of continuous improvement activities that will deploy Lean methodology and Six Sigma quality throughout the organization.
• A person with a sense of urgency and a pro-active approach to problem solving.
• A self-assured individual who inspires trust and confidence. Focuses on the sucdess of others through listening, sharing ideas and recognition..
• A person with the ability to integrate functional initiatives with corporate strategic goals.
• High energy and action oriented.
- • A demonstrated ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in manufacturing/industrial engineering,
mechanical engineering or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years management experience with SMT printed circuit board assembly and BGA technologies.
• Familiarity with AS9100 quality requirements and military specifications.
• Experience in manufacturing with lead and lead-free process chemical streams.
• Experience in training and coaching in World Class/Lean principles.
• Proven ability to develop and implement strategic and tactical plans.
This is a key position that will be critical to the growth of the company. The successful candidate will find ample opportunities for future growth and development. Management team is progressive, and supportive. Being part of the team will provide a challenging and rewarding career experience in the near term and in the future.
A generous salary plus a comprehensive benefits package will be
afforded the qualified and exceptional candidate. Relocation package negotiated.
Points of Contact
Please email all resumes and related documents to email@example.com